Saturday, July 07, 2007

#27
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

Finally got around to listening to new music, like I finally got my hands on the new MEW album, as much I Adore Frengers, the new one who's title is so long I'll just refer to it as Glass. It's really good but I can't say I enjoyed it as much as Frengers, the songs are still catchy and really great atmospheres spun by these guys but it doesn't grab me like the first half of Frengers did. Both albums are still must buys though, so get them.

Also I got the new Incubus album, a band that meant so much to my musical development in high school still making quality albums and progressing in a very interesting way. It's a great album with a great variety, they are still a perfect mix of accessibility and artistry. Even if I won't ever feel the utter youthful joy I had during SCIENCE/Make Yourself, Incubus still puts out music well worth your time and money.

Coheed is coming out with a new album in october, anyone who knows me knows I am obsessed with this band and have been following them since the original release of Secend Stage Turbine Blade... soooo good.

the last Album I'm gonna talk about is Idealism by Digitalism, most reviews talk about how they are like Daft Punk or LCD Soundsystem, I can definetley hear the similarities to Daft Punk or 80's new Wave music, depending on track. If your a fan of any of that stuff, you'll enjoy this it really kinda hits a wide variety between the very tasty Disco Tinged house of Daft Punk to the the very dark and atmospheres of the likes Depeche Mode, it may not be as memorable as releases by their peers, but still a great album to put on at parties instead of spinning Discovery for the 1000th time (still doesn't get old :)).

For todays NOW!load I'm putting up a link to the ReverbNation homepage of the Rosebuds. Some very enjoyable dancey angular post rock goodness (don't you love how I drop generic descriptors). These guys sound like they'd be a lot of fun live or just something cool to put on in the background and chill out to, or even dance too. Check them Out.
-------------------------------------------------------
Todays NOW!load: The Rosebuds

No comments: