Tuesday, August 07, 2007

#32
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys,

Hey Guys, I'm going to finally talk about France. Although I decided to make this apart of a series to spotlight bands around the world. This post will be about France but I have places like like the Philippines (which I've discussed before), Indonesia, Guatemala, and Puerto Rico coming up and I'm sure there will be more by the time I am done. For this music series the Now!load will feature whoever is #1 on myspace for that country.

My interests in Frances music scene began with the Cult Rock Band Indochine who's been around since the mid 80's and have I think 15 albums. You can find more info on them in Wikipedia but here's the Music video for a single of their most recent album, the song is "Ladyboy" and it's super catchy.



The awesomeness of Indochines Cure-Esque rock prompted me to check out other french acts, and I found Pleymo who kind of remind me of the style of early incubus and other mid 90's metal/funk acts of this breed.




A name that kept popping up in my searches was Johnny Hallyday who was a very Elvis like Rockstar from 50s/60s it was definetley interesting to see something that always seemed so American in identity to reach France like this, though I shouldn't be surprised since I do study globalization.






The final artist I'd like to spotlight is Seb Martel is who is avery awesome singer/songwriter for fans of Sufjan Stevens and Andrew Bird who if you don't listen to already, you should. Here's the promotional music video for Seb Martel.




That's pretty much all I got as far as French Music, I think next time we'll visit Indonesia.

-------------------------------------------------------
Todays NOW!load: David Guetta - Pop Life

No comments: