Sunday, August 05, 2007

#30
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

I wanted to do a sort of run down on some awesome french music, but I'm gonna save that for old post 31. Today I'm gonna talk about some albums that have been driving me nuts that I heavily recommend.

St. Vincent - Marry Me: I mentioned this album before but since the last time I mentioned this album has super grown on me and is now my current addiction. If you need convincing just hear the title track and tell me your not hooked to this quirky female vocals centered pop album.

Bat For Lashes - Fur and Gold: If you thought St. Vincent is quirky, this album takes quirky to a very odd fantasy land mixing the very eclectic and odd arrangements kinda like Cocorosie but with the sort of tales of fantasy similar to a power metal band... I mean you'd just have to hear it, but it's so good. Actually since I"m listening to this as I write this, her voice remind me of Bjork but with more epic folky arrangements similar to Tori Amos but very quirkier.

Emerson Hart - Cigarettes and Gasoline: It's been a while since we've had a great pop rock album like this. Former lead singer of Tonic puts out his solo effort with some very huge potential singles with this very personal and touching debut. The song "ordinary" definitely sold me on this album.

-------------------------------------------------------
Todays NOW!load: Emerson Hart - If your gonna leave

No comments: