Thursday, August 09, 2007

#34
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys,

Instead of what I got planned I think I'm gonna make the trip to the Iraq Music scene for this post cause I think it'd be very interesting to check out. This is something I have a little less prior knowledge about so let's check it out. The first guy who seems to be near the top of the Iraq top music lists on Myspace is Majed Almuhandes you check out a video of him.

Agdar_Majed Almuhandes

Add to My Profile | More Videos

The red dress in this video by Mnein Abosek is pretty sweet, and I was interesting how this track had some pretty cool group background vocals. Iraq pop music is sort of like Bollywood music but there's definetley a difference which you'l be able to hear once I do India later on.

Mnein abosek

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Haytham Yousef seem to have to what to me was the most accessible as he actually makes use of synthesizers in some of his songs, and a lot of these guys seem to have been at this for awhile. Makes me wonderwhat the state of music in Iraq was before the US entered in there. Either way this kinda shows you some examples of Iraqi pop music, not too detailed but interesting none the less!!!






-------------------------------------------------------
Todays NOW!load: Hussam Alrassam - Al Iraq Al Jare

No comments: