Friday, August 10, 2007

#35
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys,

Today I will be doing Algeria, my interest in Algerias music began when I saw this video of Rachid Taha covering The Clash's, "Rock the Casbah". This is one of the greatest examples of globalization and the beauty of cultures clashing making very new interesting results, it's so awesome.






Ok, Enough about Rachid Taha, now to shake it up a little bit. I haven't been good about addressing the hip hop scenes in other countries so I'm gonna rectify this by spotlighting Komondoss a Algerian hip hop group. Although I think this group is based out of london.



this next video is homage to Algerian rap with videos of albums covers and shows from the Algerian Rap Scene.



For todays Now!load I found something super cool, Algerian Pop Star Cheb Khaled remix of Aicha which if I remember right was also covered by a polish pop band, Magma. Such a catchy song. Well come check in next time for more global music loving this august.


-------------------------------------------------------
Todays NOW!load: Cheb Khaled - Aicha Remix

No comments: