Tuesday, June 21, 2005

#4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Luckily I have some internet access so I'm gonna make another post during my trip, woot woot. Well, since I don't have much time to really scour for music I'll do what I plan on doing most mondays, reviewing all the bands on the purevolume.com frontpage. So Here we go:

The PurePromos

Hot Vegas - a lot of people will say these emo/indie bands would be better if the genres wasn't so saturated, I tend to disagree, if you suck you suck. I think Hot Vegas is well, not that good, they play well enough but there is nothing really keeping me listening so I'll pass on this. I know there is those who'll eat up any band long as it's associated with the right genres take a look at TBS and Hawthorne Heights' fanbase... really, i know this is purevolume.com I think this review will apply to a lot of the bands I'll be listneing to.

The Arrival - These guys are little bit more fun to listen to, at least I can tap my foot to this and the vocals have some shining moments on occasion, but of for the most part read the hot vegas review for what I think of this band.

Point Hallow - Well, I'm a big glassjaw fan, so some post-hardcore still floats my boat, though this is still pretty bland again although the guitar work is more the aggressive angular approach I enjoy but the song seem so overdone... read Hot Vegas. Still, we're getting warmer still.

Faraway - This is a definetley a step in the right direction, more along the lines of the sort of approach of the kite-Eating tree, still a tad bland but definetley some potential showing in the band. At least I see it.

L.A.O - The recording is rough but I like this a more rock than emo, don't get me wrong, as you can tell form the other posts I've had a bit of indie kick latley, but I still appreciate good emo/hardcore. The band is like Emanuel light, though the vocalist could definetley use some work.

A True Story - when I first began frequenting purevolume.com I was much more into this whole emo thing, it's sort of quickly faded from me as I listen to more quality stuff at the station, basically what I'm trying to say is put this band with the rest of them in bland and untight. Just cause you wrote a song and can play it, doesn't mean people are gonna like it, can't people tell if their songs are awesome?

ok... fuck this, everything on purevolume.com aside from the few times I see The Stiletto formal and the Fury (who are both amazing) on there has been pretty lacking, let's go to myspace.com

Single File - Yes!!! Something good, myspace wins despite the awkward hard to get to work XML media player. Single File is good mellow indie pop for fans of bright eyes, sufjan stevens, or all the mellow acoustic pop stuff, it's good.

2mex of sungodsuns - some decent hip hop from the LA native, ummm... but if you want to listen to good hip hp just stick with Gym Class heroes and Sage Francis.

The Posies - really good alt pop, kinda like live or those early 90's bands,it's good

not the best post, but don't have much time to scour as I said, but I'll leave you now with a fun NOW!load.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays NOW!load: Javelins - Square hips

No comments: